work table/sign

K.divad@AOL.COM K.divad@AOL.COM
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 14:59:40 -0400

In a message dated Tue, 9 Apr 2002  2:35:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM writes:

>In a message dated 09/04/02 1:53:44 PM, pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< I need some advice on building a workshop table. What would be the best
>all-around size/dimensions, and would pine be sufficient for the top? I was
>thinking of 4/4"'s for the legs.

Terry, I have found that a solid core door provides the most flat, stable and reasonably priced top.  I glue a inexpensive white laminate to the top (perfect for impromptu notes and calculations while working and the white reflects the light onto your work) I also put a hardwood edge around the top.
If you have the room, the door provides a roomy bench with space for all your various regulation racks and tools and did I say it stays flat??  I use 2x4's for the legs and do include a particle board shelf.  I went ahead and put locking wheels on mine as I like to move around the shop and would rather move the bench than the pianos.  It costs me less than $100.00 (not including wheels).

David Koelzer
DFW