Pinblock? WHAT pinblock?

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:18:36 -0500

>   To my astonishment, there was no block!  The tuning pins look
>  > normal from the top, but are stubby, ending just below the plate webbing.
>>  Also, they are slotted on the bottom and each one has a thin steel wedge
>>  driven up into the slot.  I could not see any bushing of any sort between
>>  the tuning pins and plate holes, but if there was anything there, it was
>  > very, very thin.

A friend of mine just called me to look at one of these that he is
about to restring, are there any issues with this system that we need
to watch out for? We thought that it would be best just to back the
pins out enough to wind coils back on rather than pull them as you
normally would.
--
----Dave

Dave Doremus RPT