New Kawai's

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:20:13 -0700

Avery, Used the teflon on 'em? That should take care of any kind of =
squeak you're having there. Also, check for any roughness on the edge of =
the jack, highly unlikely, but check anyway.
    A jack that's too tight? The best thing is to ream with one of the =
Mannino reamers, and re-pin. Otherwise, you can try CLP or Silicone Oil. =
I'd try the reamers first, if it's just one. Even Kawai can make a goof =
sometimes.
    On a personal note: I was already wise to the Mannino reamers when I =
took my exams. When I got to the grand regulation exam and had to re-pin =
those parts, I got an aside comment that they really liked my =
re-pinning. Thanks Don.
    I've prepped innumerable Kawai's, including the Shigeru. I just love =
those ABS parts; hardly any traveling. I just wish I could get =
replacement parts for my Yamaha made with that stuff.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 4:10 PM
  Subject: New Kawai's

  List,

  Just wondering. Do any of you have any experience with the
  newest Kawai RX-2's?

  My basic question is the "plastic" (I know it isn't, really)
  wippens and jacks. We have 9 of them on our lease program and
  the jack seems to be kind of noisy rubbing against the
  knuckles during let-off.

  It's not really all that noticeable with normal playing but
  when doing regulating type of things, it's very noticeable!

  One other thing. I had a very tight jack flange and was
  wondering if there's any way to lube those without having to
  re-pin (which I did, to make it work)?

  Not really complaining, just looking for some information.
  Thanks.

  Avery
  University of Houston