Kawai bushings

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 03:00:58 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: Pianotech@ptg.org ; caut@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 10:50 AM
  Subject: Kawai bushings

  I am trying to rebush the balance rail of a 30 year old Kawai Studio. =
The bushing are folded under the button. What is the trick to get the =
felt out from under the button?=20

  Wim=20

      I've had success just steaming the heck out of 'em with one of =
those cheap plastic travel irons -- takes a while, especially with the =
non-hide glue used in more recent decades -- then I pluck 'em all out =
with a very thin needle-nose pliers while they're still wet.  Or soak =
them extra long with the felt wedges saturated with your favorite felt =
removing recipe.  'Course, then you hafta wait longer for them to dry =
before rebushing . . .  You've prob'ly already tried this.=20
      Does anybody have a system using a router table or plunge router =
and jig?        --David Nereson, RPT, Denver