Health/Medical Insurance for Piano Techs?

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:08:51 -0500

Richard:

Yes it's expensive.  For coverage of my wife and me I'm up to
4-figures a month now.  Medicare is getting closer for me but I'm not
sure how much that will help.

dave

On 4/12/2002 at 8:06 AM Richard Oliver Snelson wrote:

>I have a 55 lady (smoker/my wife's sister) who wishes to learn the
piano
>tuning and repair business. I have checked on getting health
insurance
>for her and got a large wakeup. So for it looks like $550 to $700 a
>month for basic coverage.
>
>What are you folks doing, that must provide your own health
insurance?
>I have a wife that teaches school and is covered there. I'm over 65
and
>have coverage. I had no idea that the costs were so high! How do
folks
>manage this. This is a real deterrent to someone wanting to go into
>business for themselves.
>Richard Snelson
>Oliver Piano Service

David M. Porritt