Health/Medical Insurance for Piano Techs?

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:39:54 EDT

In a message dated 04/12/2002 11:44:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

> Richard Oliver Snelson wrote:
>
> > I have a 55 lady (smoker/my wife's sister) who wishes to learn the piano
> > tuning and repair business. I have checked on getting health insurance
> > for her and got a large wakeup. So for it looks like $550 to $700 a
> > month for basic coverage.
> >
> > What are you folks doing, that must provide your own health insurance?
> > I have a wife that teaches school and is covered there. I'm over 65 and
> > have coverage. I had no idea that the costs were so high! How do folks
> > manage this. This is a real deterrent to someone wanting to go into
> > business for themselves.

I wasa able to get health insurance throu Blue Cross and Blue Shield.  It
only covers hospital stay, but that is 100% coverage.  I find that I can
pretty well cover Dr calls out of pocket but a multi thousand dollar hospital
stay is nice to have protected.

This insurance cost me $114./month

Dick Day
Marshall MI