Health/Medical Insurance for Piano Techs?

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 00:22:46 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/02 12:04:46 PM, Pianotoone@AOL.COM writes:

<<  It
only covers hospital stay, but that is 100% coverage.  I find that I can
pretty well cover Dr calls out of pocket but a multi thousand dollar hospital
stay is nice to have protected. >>

OK, just for the sake of discussion, let's say that you (G-d forbid) have a
heart attack.  The insurance covers 100% of the surgery and the hospital
stay.  Great!

Now you happily go home, and find that you have to visit the doctor twice a
week for 6 months, and take 14 pills a day.  Can you afford that?

I had the same coverage as you and pretty much the same attitude.  My
insurance agent helped me realize that the coverage I had would be quite a
liability in many circumstances.

I would suggest though that you rethink things while you're still young and
can get on a more comprehensive plan.  (You must be young if Blue Cross only
costs you $114/month.  Before I abandoned that policy I was up to $131/month.)

Just my two cents

Tom Sivak