Suggestions??? still OT

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:40:18 -0400

> << Canadian Blued
> Peckerheads we keep hearing so much of in the news over here. :) >>

Actually, The CBP is very prominent in SW Fl. from the months of Oct.
through April. It doesn't surprise me that Jim had one in his shop, because
this is the time of the year that the CBP migrates back to the North (just
about everything from here is North).

The CBP is really easy to spot..first, the tag on its tail..and if you go to
the beach areas, you will see their billowy white skin. They are definitely
not native to this part of the country, but then again, most of us aren't.
Some of us choose to stay and enjoy this area.

There are some who display bumper stickers asking for the CBP's to go
home..there are others who ask, 'if it's a season, then why can't we shoot
them'? .. and I must admit, that thought has crossed my mind more than once.
They can be annoying. Our roads become a mess, you can't get served in our
restaurants, and our beaches become more white from the reflection of their
skin.

The CBP can be a friendly kind of bird..actually, most are. They come here
in such numbers that it's hard for this little area to handle them all. Some
get annoyed. Some, like me, dream of hitting the lottery so owning a
helicopter becomes closer to a reality than a dream.

I love April in SW Fl.,

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
tito@philbondi.com