Choosing the pianos

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:49:37 -0700

I did stop tuning one old Starr. The piano is used for teaching several
days a week, but the treble, aside from terrible false beats, also goes
out within a day or two, in spite of some work on the bridgepins. The
tuning pins are okay. I don't know what is wrong with the thing --
I've even wondered about a separation somewhere.

I did a lot of useless touchups, since there was no point doing a full
tuning. Only the one area was out, anyway. Finally I refused to take
their money for work which wouldn't last. I told them that they could
have bought another old upright for what they had poured into trying to
stabilize this one.

So -- they did something! They traded it in on a decent Everett upright.

Why didn't I refuse to work on it years ago?

Susan