Bridge Pin Offset

Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:51:18 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >or for 20° pin slant, you can just take wire Dia*0.7, and get closer than
> >you can drill anyway.
>
> This is misleading. The 70% of wire diameter is from hole edge to string
> centerline. The actual offset is only 20% of string diameter per pin. My
> apologies.
>
> Ron N

No problem I'm sure... but I am curious to your views on just how often you
run into bridges where bridge pins even come close to consistantly being on
line and angle ? Seems to me that even the best makes seem to have trouble
with dead on consistancy. And less expensive pianos.... well.... course this
is one of those things I just Love to hate about Petrofs...but they are
certainly not alone in this....

For that matter how often are you really satisfied with your own results... ?
just curious.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.