Health/Medical Insurance for Piano Techs?

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:34:18 -0400

Dittos,
Can't agree more.
We just signed up for the MSA account and the offerings, especially if you
are basically healthy, will leave more money in your pocket.
For those who are not aware of the MSA,this was Congress's attempt to give
control the individual the opportunity  manage their own healthcare.  It's
not a perfect situation but it's pretty darn close.
You are allowed to put up to $300/monthly ( $3600) with the addition of the
premium ( ours is $1300 quarterly, family of 6). Altogether we'll pay an
average of $650/month. You are given a plastic debit card which works very
much like a VISA card.
The big difference between most health insurance plans and the MSA is the
MSA covers anything related to health related expenditures. Dental, eye
care, health care...it doesn't matter, providing you have enough reserve
built up in your account.
Remember these are all tax free contributions and the account will resemble
much like an IRA account.
Give Congress credit for designing a plan that gives the power back to the
user.
Tom Servinsky,RPT