Health/Medical Insurance for Piano Techs?

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:09:35 -0400

Tom,
    My carrier is a local independent agent if that is what you were asking. The
company that issues the policy is Golden Rule. Instead of the debit card you
mentioned I have a check book where I write checks against an interest bearing
account. I think it's 6% or something quite close.
    I continue to get hounded by other companies NASE, Blue Cross, Kaiser, etc.,
all wanting me to switch and they'll save me money. They'd have to go a long way
down in their premiums to beat me keeping part of my premium in an interest
bearing account. I never look at the others anymore. What I can't figure out is
why all self employed people aren't chomping at the bit to get in on this!

Greg