Charging for Pitch Raises

Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:25:52 +0200

Will, I am not sure I actually go by how many cents flat an instrument
is. Certainly if I see its like 80 cents flat I dont hesitate to call it
a pitch raise.... but my rule of thumbs for border line cases is simply
whether or not it takes me a third full pass to get it right.

I always tune in two passes with one more or less overlapping the other,
outwards from the temperament octave. If I need a third time through to
get things reasonably tuned and solid... then I charge extra.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.