Charging for Pitch Raises

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 14:03:13 -0700

If I determine that a customer's piano needs a pitch raise, (which I, in my
infinite wisdom have determined to be 25 cents flat), then I give the
customer the options. Typically this will be a piano that hasn't been tuned
in years, so I explain that we can tune it where it stands for the regular
tuning fee. Or we can raise it's pitch to standard, which is an extra
charge, PLUS the piano will most likely need an additional tuning in 6 - 8
weeks, which I do at at discounted rate over the standard tuning fee. But I
give them the options and then they decide how to proceed, based on
financial concerns or lack of concern over the piano being flat or whatever
they deem to be important.

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA