advertising

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:34:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/02 9:03:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
mickeykes2@uf.znet.com writes:

> The ads cost about
> $250 for six weeks.

Mark (Mickey)

The best advice I can give is to keep the ad running forever, or until you
quit the business, which ever comes first. When people see your ad, not every
one will need their piano tuned that instant. But they might want to get it
tuned 6 months from now. If you run the ad for just 6 weeks, it will only
effect 1/6 of the 5% of the people you want to reach. That is a very low
number. So keep the ad running. It might take 2 or 3 months before you will
see results. But in the long run, it will pay for itself.

I have been running a display ad in our local newspaper for 4 weeks, that
costs $55 per week. (The ad comes out on Sunday and Money.) I am only now
starting to get some phone calls. I signed a 13 week contract, but I know in
the long run it will pay for iteslf. Since we are going to be gone a lot this
summer, I will stop the ad. But I will put it back in starting in August.

So keep that ad running, and don't get discouraged when you don't get results
right away.

Wim