Speaking of Advertising

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:09:31 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/02 10:28:21 AM Central Daylight Time,
kellybill_m@hotmail.com writes:

> List,
>
> As a newer technician in a new area, I am curious if any of you have
> advertising/marketing ideas that have worked for you to build up a new
> client base.  Thanks for your ideas.
>
> William R. Monroe
> PTG Associate
> Salt Lake City, UT

Bill

The advice I gave to Mickey is one idea. Another idea is to compile a list of
all the churches and schools in your area and send them a post card
announcing your availability as a piano tuner. Not all of them are going to
use you, (since most have a piano tuner already), but it is surprising how
many don't have a regular tuner. Also, the school or church might not use
you, but secretaries, administrators and/or the piano player also pianos that
need to be tuned.

Try to get a list of all the piano teachers in your area, and offer them
discounts for referrals.

No matter what kind of advertising you do, you have to work hard. Don't turn
down any tuning at any time. If someone wants a piano tuned at 8 Am on Sunday
morning, do it. If you have to drive a little further than you anticipated,
do it.

And the best advice I can give you, is don't be afraid to ask for help, not
only on this list, but also at your chapter meeting. The more you know, the
more you can help your customer, which all boils down to making more money.

Good Luck

Wim