Refinishing

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@bwsys.net
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 19:29:35 -0500

Hazen, I doubt if the spray primers will fill the grain. It will depend
upon the type of wood you are working with. If the piano is an open
grain wood the filler will  be a must I am using waterbase products and
always first use a grain filler. Sand. Then I spray a black undercoat. A
check at this point almost always show more grain that needs filling. A
light thinned coat of filler is applied over the undercoat. Sand again
and spray another coat of undercoat black. If the grain is filled at
this point follow up with the top coats. I'm sure we have some experts
on this subjects on here. I'm in the middle of a small black grand now.
Rich