Cable Upright (Chicago)

daveonpiano@juno.com daveonpiano@juno.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:33:27 -0400

Hi Everyone,

 Was wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on a small
"tid-bit" that has me puzzled at the moment. Today, a friend and I looked
at an old Cable ("studio") upright from about 1926-1927 (serial #
269164). This piano is studio upright height (approx. 44 1/2"), but has a
"Full Upright" case design....the question I have is this: on the
underside of the fallboard is a block of wood (about three inches long by
an inch wide) that is attached to the each edge of the fallboard.
Attached to the block that is on the right side of the fallboard, there
is a small piece of metal (perhapos iron), sort of pointed and about an
inch long - it pivots on a screw...it is presently unattached and needs
to be repaired to the rest of the block. I do not know the function of
this little gadget. Has anyone come across this piano model or another
that has this little feature who could offer input?

Thanks in advance :)

Dave

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.