1935 Story & Clark

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:28:56 +0000

Hi Rob,
        It would not be the first time, that I have changed a set of bridle
tapes, and reshaped a set of hammers,  and the customer has claimed that I
have rebuilt the piano.  I think this has happened to many of us.
  Please be cautious with dogmatic advice, untill both sides of the story
is known.

No offence intended.
Regards Roger

At 09:46 AM 4/20/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Send it back, send it back!  Who ever sold this "thing" under the
>pretense of having been "rebuilt" needs to have it shoved back in their
>face.  If it was a dealer that sold it I would certainly make a point to
>tell them what I think about their ethics and inform them that everyone
>I know will be advised not to do business with them!
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT
>Las Vegas, NV
>

>eipiano@msn.com wrote:
>

>> Looked at an instrument yesterday purchased by a local woman from
>> someone claiming to have "rebuilt" it.
>>
>> 1935(?) Story & Clark 4'5" Baby Grand serial # 134536
>>

>> Appeared to have all original parts (included dirt, dust); lyre bolts
>> have been stripped, keys tops have been poorly recovered with odds &
>> ends pieces, fall board has been replaced, but nice looking case. Lots
>> of rattles and a sluggish action, pins are tight.
>>
>> The woman is a talented musician with little money and has put $1000
>> down with $1500 owed.
>>
>> Her decision:  Return it for the $1000....OR have some work done and
>> use it for a trade.
>>
>> A good cleaning, regulation, pitch raise, some voicing and key tops
>> will do wonders, but it will never be a fine instrument.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>                             Thanks in advance.
>>
>>                                                Walter Slack
>>                                                PTG Associate
>>                                                Ebony & Ivory Pianos
>>                                                Amargosa Valley, Nevada

>> MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
>> http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.
Saskatoon/Regina.