Charging for Pitch Raises

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 18:42:26 -0500

I have attempted to do the "no mute" thing, with limited success. Perhaps
I spend too much time trying to get the things "close".  But I'm no
longer sure what "close" is. The older I gets, the more pianos I tune,
the more I wonder if I know anything, though I do get some rather
favorable feedback.  Do you do three passes, then?  Such would make a lot
of sense.  I have to work hard to do three passes in under two hours, but
I realize I'm working pretty hard at each one being close, and forgetting
the first two are just "hand grenade tunings"- anywhere in the ballpark
works.
		I am glad it's "one string at a time"- I worried I might have to learn
to hold two or three levers at the same time................  Getting too
old for that!
les