1935 Story & Clark/$2500

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:14:47 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/02 1:12:56 PM, Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

<< My considered opinion is that anyone who buys a "rebuilt" grand piano for
2500
dollars pretty much deserves what they get. >>

I have been trying to sell a Dekalb baby grand for almost 6 months now.  I
replaced the dampers, bass strings, keytops, key bushings (front and center),
filed the hammers and did a full regulation.  I had the piano refinished, and
it comes with a bench.  It looks great, plays well, and sounds just fine for
a piano of that size. (4'9")

I am not advertising it as "rebuilt", but as "reconditioned".

I started out a $3700 and am now trying to sell it for $2499.  I can't go any
lower than that or I'll take a loss on my expenses alone.

Wish me luck.

Tom Sivak