was M & H tour, now tuned duplex

Duplexdan@AOL.COM Duplexdan@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 18:31:28 EDT

Ron,
Thanks for the update on the Schimmel Duplex. The design is apparently
similar to The Fazioli and the new M & H. I've tuned a few M & H's with the
"skid plate", which is not a bad name, by the way. Did you coin it? (S & S
calls the contiguous harmonic bridges, otherwise known as duplexes by the
demeaningly mundane term " pushplates". This makes me think of pushpins which
is so simplistic for such a sophisticated element, don't you think?)
...sorry for my desultory digression.

Tuning the halfround oliquots on the skid plates, using my slider is a heck
of alot of fun. You can be so precise. It's a treat for the ears as well
because you are looking for synchronicity at such a high frequency which we
rarely do as a practical matter of tuning.

Just in case you would like to try a Duplex Slider for M & H's, Fazioli"s or
Schimmels, I have a few vintage tools for this duplex tuning application
left, they sell for $ 75.oo, which is about two dollars more than they cost
me to make.

Thanks again for the input. But next time you get a crack at one of those
pianos, if you can write me the duplex scale you find, I''ll send you a
Slider in return, gratis.

Dan Franklin