Restringing

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:57:15 EDT

Dave:
     I've been using the 1/3 lbs coils with a brake that can be screwed onto
the coil with a wing nut for as long as ":Moby Dick" has been a minnow. I
thread the wire under the Capo Bar into the tuning pin, pull the thin coil
under or over whatever to the hitch pin and back over the top to the Capo Bar
until past the tuning pin 3 or 4 fingers and then cut the wire from the coil.
 Of course I then thread the cut wire under the Capo bar and into the final
tuning pin or thru the agraffe and then the tuning pin. At any rate the brake
holds the wire in place on the coil and it is thin enought to handle over ,
through or under most obstacles and one never has a wad of wire. Now I'm real
sure there must be a serious draw back to using this process but I never have
a wad of wire situation.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.