Convincing the Client

Greg Casper gcasper@pacbell.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:05:16 -0700

Hazen:

The newer Palm's and most ALL newer PDA's and Pocket PC's all have a
"NOTEPAD" utility. This lets you write in your own handwriting on the screen
and then stores it that way, so you can do drawings or notes or whatever...
and then bring them back up and look at them just like any other entry. I
find it very handy for writing quick notes about parts I need for a customer
or the serial # of a piano, etc.

Greg Casper
San Jose, CA
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
HazenBannister@cs.com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 3:35 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Re: Convincing the Client

  Hi list,
   What is the best palm,or similiar product out now? Also ,is there a
better way to enter data than the crazy figures you use to have to use? I
have an older palm,and when you got a call,and wanted to write down the
info,it was like pulling teeth. Is there a voice activated program that
works well,and will save yhe info,say in a file,or in a calender?I could be
the poster child for unorganized,I have a laptop,palm
pilot(older),day-timer,but nothing seems convenient.So I end up getting a
call on my mobile phone,and write it down on a envelope,napkin,or anything
available,and go home with a pocket full of paper,if it makes it home.Help!
  Hazen Bannister