"Old School Teachings"

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 20:30:34 -0400

Terry,

The two who responded before me and opined laziness may be correct in some instances, but I have another angle to add.  About ten years ago an elderly female piano retailer in our area was on the phone with me for some reason or another when she said, "... and of course a piano can't be brought up to pitch again once it's gone flat."  The store did business many years, but she was retiring and it closed soon thereafter.

That statement led me to believe that this was the thinking of the times -- once flat, always flat.  As to why, I have no idea.

Regards,
Clyde