Terry F./Olde Tuners

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:58:31 -0700

    Gee, Joe, what do they do when they break a wire when they're doing =
one of their regular "tune it where it is" tunings?  I mean; it happens.
   =20
    Working on new Samicks, I get plenty of experience on dampers. ( =
Also; Baldwin, Steinway, Pearl River, and especially SAMA,) You get the =
picture.

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Garrett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 7:29 PM
  Subject: Terry F./Olde Tuners

  Hey! Watch who yer callin' Olde!. <g>:-) Just kiddin'.
  Realistically, I have found that those olde school tuners, who only =
carry
  one case, (with an assortment of useless junk, combined with beat up =
tools),
  Don't usually carry piano wire with them. Soooo, they are afraid of =
any
  string breakage! Kinda like a lot of techs are in absolute terror of
  dampers, IMHO.
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)