keybed not level

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:37:52 -0700

List,
The problem:
Customer said his keys didn't feel like his teacher's piano. Turned out =
that the key dip was about a fat 3/16" for most of the middle of the =
piano. This is one of those pianos: A "Grand"  console. It appears that =
the keybed has sagged. Can any of you suggest an in home repair for the =
situation? I know, most of you will say this is a POS or something like =
that, but it's the only piano the poor child will have for a few years =
at this point. I suppose I could just shim up the balance rail, but the =
original problem will still be there. Any suggestions?
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com