Blocking hammers

Pianotech pianotech@ttlv.net
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 20:55:16 -0700

Make sure that the key frame is not sitting on top of the shift lever. =
If the piano doesn't have daggs this could happen. I install player =
systems and the daggs get removed. Just a thought!
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:51 PM
  Subject: Blocking hammers

  Hi list,=20
  I went to a Youg Chang today,about 10 years old,for a tuning.I tuned =
it once about 3 or 4 years ago.I got there and every hammer was =
blocking,I'm not talking about buzzing,but major blocking.I did'nt have =
enough time to get into it as I had an appointment conflict.So I'm going =
back tomorrow to fix this ,pitch raise ,clean,and tune.(it's a grand =
with a piano-disc system).I checked to see if any rails were loose,or =
might have shifted,is there anything I should look for,maybe with the =
player system?I changed letoff on a few notes,and it quit blocking,but I =
sure had to twist them a mile,it has the dowel type.It also has =
excessive keydip.I guess I should go through one note and completely =
regulate,I am just checking to see if  there's something obvious,maybe =
I've overlooked.=20
  Thanks in advance,=20
  Hazen Bannister=20