"The old school"

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:23:12 -0300

Hi Jack,
There was an old piano tuner here, who got me started in '75. He used to =
tell people, to wait 24 hours, before they played it, after he tuned. I =
asked him , why, and he said, he didn't know, why, but they had told him =
that when he was taught. He was taught in UK, possibly late teens, early =
1920's.
This is the first time since then, I have heard the 24 hour rule =
mentioned. What is the 24 hour rule?
Thank you,
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: JWyatt1492@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 12:36 PM
  Subject: "The old school"

  Hello to All,

       =20

  Big Snip
  =20
        I will confess that the 24 hour rule was used here. When I got=20
  to the shop today the paper was still smoking with words like. =20
      =20
       " If the parking lot is in order,  I  know how to get there.=20
  and once there,  I know what to do."

  Regards, to those who respect our profession,

  Jack Wyatt=20
   =20