No shows: Was Convincing the Client

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:48:24 -0700

    Gary, class indeed. I bet these people would make very interesting =
dinner companions.

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gary Mc=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 8:35 AM
  Subject: Re: No shows: Was Convincing the Client

  I get my share of no-shows, and it really burns me up.  You know, if =
we were plumbers, we probably wouldn't have this problem.
  Generally, I don't call back if I get stood up.
  A couple of weeks ago, I had an appointment with a good customer, we =
arranged the time so his wife could be home.
  Well,  I got there, and nobody was home.  It's always a mystery to me, =
how long to wait.  Usually I wait at least ten minutes, but this time I =
left after nine minutes.
  A few days later I got a call from the guy, who apologized profusely, =
said his wife was ten minutes late, and hated that I drove all that way =
for nothing, and would pay for my trip.
  We rescheduled, and when I finished tuning the piano, I presented my =
bill for the regular price, because 1.he's a very regular client 2. I =
felt guilty leaving after only nine minutes. 3. I had something else to =
do.
  She wrote out a check for double the amount.  I protested (but not =
very hard), but she insisted. =20
  I left thinking, now there is class.
  Gary McCormick