Steinway A

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:27:42 -0400

List,

            Follow-up to an earlier post concerning Steinway A for sale.
This piano is offered for sale by a church in the  suburban Boston area
. Steinway A 85 note with the third bridge # 102354. As I mentioned in
my earlier post this piano is in fair to poor condition. Newer Steinway
hammers on old shanks and flanges. Restrung with old block. Shimmed
soundboard recracked next to the shim.Origional Ivory W/ 5 chipped
heads. The piano is playable and tunable but is really a rebuilding
candidate.

            Now for a little bit of good news -bad news.  The good news
is that this is a rosewood case. The bad news is that the legs, lyre,
and music rack are mahogany  replacements. Spade legs, solid music rack
on the old desk and new style lyre with brass hardware. The new parts
have been grained to match the rosewood and from the looks of the finish
this was done many years ago

            E-mail me privately and I'll forward any offers along to the
church.

            Tom Driscoll