selling the pitchraise:student's neurology andinappropriateaural reference

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:16:51 EDT

In a message dated 04/26/2002 4:59:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
koko99@mb.sympatico.ca writes:

> May seem like a dumb question, but how do we know when a piano needs to be
> tuned
> to A435. I've seen many pianos, and don't recall seeing any ( up to now )
> that
> stated somewhere that this piano tuned to A435. Are they generally marked
> on the
> body. I also have never seen one say that this piano requires an A440
> tuning. I've
> always assumed that the standard was A440.
> Were these older instruments, in question??  I should stop now, as I feel
> I'm
> looking into the barrel of a gun.  Maybe my powers of observation aren't
> very
> good, or my memory isn't. In any case, it would be nice to be enlightened.
>
> Carl

Carl,
 I always do some checking if it has a 4 digit serial number,and need pitch
raising.
Anything else is fair game.
Good tuning,
Hazen Bannister