OFF (*was: neurology)

Don Rose pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:37:39 -0600

Hi Bill,

Is there no one you will not "bad mouth"? You do HT's a disservice every
time you make a comment like this.

At 10:15 AM 04/27/2002 EDT, you wrote:
>In 1990 at a Regional Seminar in Quebec City, Marshall Hawkins asked Ted
>Sambell to speak to me about these *ideas* I had about tuning.  Instead of
>going on the bus tour, I stayed at the hotel and tuned a piano in the
Vallotti >temperament.  Everyone asked why I would do that instead of
taking the >liesure/pleasure trip.  Well, for me, I already knew Quebec and
the exploring >I was doing in that small room was infinitely more
interesting.

>Ted condemned my tuning and pointed his finger at me saying, "Young man,
you'd >better stop doing this or you're going to get in a great deal of
trouble".  He >was right.

<snip>

>I've never tuned a piano in ET for anything since well before the "lesson"
>from Ted nor after.  I don't usually say anything about it either because
I >know that most people have profound misconceptions and misunderstandings
about >the concept which run very deep and which cannot be overcome in any
one >instance, no matter what is said or not said.

> Click here: -=w w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =-

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.