Controlling bridge pin angle when drilling

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:38:28 +1000

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago, (after submitting a post about drilling bridge
pin holes with a bubble gauge attached to the drill) Richard Brekne
asked me to photograph a section of our bridges to prove that we get
the bridge pins at a uniform angle. I had a look at a few existing
images from previous jobs, since our no. 003 piano is out doing a
residency at present.

The following image of our 1989 rebuild of a Welmar 6' grand shows
the new bridges we made using Antarctic Beech (ADD 0.74 grams per
cc). Is this image close enough Ric? If not, let me know and I'll do
a super close up version from the hi-res scan.

http://www.overspianos.com.au/welmr.jpeg

Ron O.
--
                  OVERS PIANOS