Controlling bridge pin angle when drilling

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:10:38 +0200

Re: Controlling bridge pin angle when drillingBeautiful bridges Ron, but the
felt is red - Welmar like Buthner have Blue underfelt, Bechsteins have olive
green or light blue etc. Just being picky, just a personal thing that I like
to see the piano in its manufactures original colours - what you do to the
rest of the piano to improve the sound is not under contention

Brian :)

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Overs
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 28 April, 2002 02:38 PM
Subject: Re: Controlling bridge pin angle when drilling

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago, (after submitting a post about drilling bridge pin
holes with a bubble gauge attached to the drill) Richard Brekne asked me to
photograph a section of our bridges to prove that we get the bridge pins at
a uniform angle. I had a look at a few existing images from previous jobs,
since our no. 003 piano is out doing a residency at present.

The following image of our 1989 rebuild of a Welmar 6' grand shows the new
bridges we made using Antarctic Beech (ADD 0.74 grams per cc). Is this image
close enough Ric? If not, let me know and I'll do a super close up version
from the hi-res scan.

http://www.overspianos.com.au/welmr.jpeg

Ron O.
--