Broadwood grand

Wayne Yockey, RPT wyrpt@swbell.net
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:57:00 -0500

Greetings,

Does anybody know anything about Broadwoods?  I know that they were
considered good pianos long ago but I have never serviced one or seen
one outside of a keyboard museum.

I have a customer who is interested in purchasing a 1911 Broadwood which
she found on the internet.  The piano is located in our state but
several hours drive away.  I have contacted the technician but have not
received a reply yet.

Do these pianos have standard parts and are they prone to problems such
as the plate breakage with Beckstiens?  Are they good candidates for
rebuilding?  Are they still being made?

Thanks for the input.  Thanks

Wayne Yockey, RPT