Plane travel-losing kit not death

Diane Hofstetter dpno2nr@yahoo.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 23:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi Chris,
We all would be very unhappy if we lost our tools, the hammer from Dad, and the one from Mr. Greenley, the hand-made gauge from Reg.............However, I'm quite certain that everyone here on this list would be only to happy to rush to your aid with a hammer (and maybe even some mutes) in the event you got stuck without your tools because the airlines delivered them to the wrong city.
So, leave the irreplaceable ones home, check the others in, relax and have a nice flight.  (And if you end up in San Jose, CA with no tools, give me a call.)
Diane
  "Christopher D. Purdy" <purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu> wrote: Hi there,

I have to fly with my tuning tools this week and I want to be sure to
be prepared. There have been discussions about security on this list
and I have a good idea what to expect but I am interested in getting
any additional advice.

I will be checking my tool kit of course. I guess I will remove any
knives or razor blades that may be lurking in there. I also will be
carrying on my lap top computer. I understand that they will ask me
to have it on when I go through security.

Any other advice that any recent travelers can add? This is a very
important gig I am going to and loosing my kit would be death. Would
it be possible to carry a spare tuning hammer in my carry on bag?
They would probably think it was some kind of weird weapon.

chris
--
Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
School of Music, Ohio University