This week's encounters with Well Temperament

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:10:36 EDT

>> Others in Coleman 11?

>Some. If it is a bigger, better or whatever piano, I tune it ET, but if
>the pianist appears interested in the piano, etc., I will ask if they would
>like to try a non-ET. I usually suggest the Coleman 11 as a starter.

   This seems to be limiting yourself. The more serious pianists are the ones
that I find are most pleased with a well-tempered piano.   Don't let a bigger
piano, or a better pianist, scare you off of offering.
Regards,
ED Foote