Soundboard Installation & MC

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:15:00 -0500

>Actually Ron,  They (the engineers) don't know or won't admit to it.  I've
>had this discussion on more than one occasion with the drafting table crowd.
>It's like politics,  if you need to believe your version of the truth badly
>enough,  you can justify whatever position you need to.  The power of a
>successful marketing scheme can over come all the science in the world.  We
>see it everyday.
>
>Dale F

Yea, I've had this discussion with the same crowd. The upshot at that time
(Providence) was that the engineers knew the crown support and retention
thing was Bull Puckey, but the marketing department was God until further
notice, and mustn't be contradicted. Jobs are at stake, and truth is always
determined by consequence. Always. You're right - marketing will win over
science every time as long as both the general public and the technical
community don't know the difference, and neither will think for themselves,
or can't voice their thoughts. I can understand and allow for the general
public not knowing the difference, but I see no excuse whatsoever for the
presumably educated technical community buying this stuff.

It's not like politics at all. It is entirely politics, and isn't like
science at all. I see it every day too, but I don't have to willingly
accept it. Though it may bury me some day, I must stand opposed.

Ron N