This week's encounters with Well Temperament

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:28:55 -0700

    Hazen, here's a good clue; If you approach the piano and play the =
F-A third, and it seems really slow, then you play the F#-A# third, and =
it's way too fast, my bet is that it's an Historical temperament.  Quick =
and dirty test, but pretty universal. I'm sure I'll be corrected by =
someone, though.=20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: HazenBannister@cs.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 6:18 PM
  Subject: Re: This week's encounters with Well Temperament

  Hi list,=20
   In an area with lots of different temperments going around,how can =
someone know if you're a bad tuner,or maybe just changed things around =
on purpose.If I go and play on a piano,and it does'nt sound right,I =
think to myself ,what kind of no tuning rascal has been working on this =
piano,when maybe he did it on purpose,how would people know. I'm like =
Terry,looking forward to Chicago,and a new perspective. Also, I'm not =
trying to be negative in any way about this, just curious and =
interested.=20
  Hazen Bannister=20