"Old School Teachings"

Dick Beaton rbeaton@initco.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 15:49:36 -0700

Hey folks....

I'm one of those old codgers....maybe even the oldest (85) who is still tuning.  I used to bring all those old uprights up to 440.  Now I refer them to another guy. I hate breaking strings!  But I do think they shud be brought up ...if the customer is willing to risk paying for the work.  Many cases they won't want to because they can't afford it and the piano may not be worth it either. Oh well, just a thought. I do the concert tuning around here and leave the rest to the other guys.  Don't know how much longer I can keep going.  Best to all...
Dick Beaton RPT MT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carl Meyer" <cmpiano@attbi.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: "Old School Teachings"

  ----- Original Message -----
  . Now, maybe you think I'm one of those, er,.... "more experienced" tuners, but don't lump us all together, because tomorrow, I'll tune your sox off. :)
  Wim

  Wim, now in that hot humid weather in Florida, would you think that Terry wears sox?????  I don't think so.

  Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
  Santa Clara, California
  cmpiano@attbi.com