Buzz From Bridge

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:53:18 -0500

Hi Z!,
          The bridge is secured with dowels that go through the ribs,
board, and bridge.  Each rib has a dowel if you look closely.  The bridge
of coarse, is glued through out the length.
    Check the bearing through out the problem area, and the crown.  Use an
artist pallet knife to probe the rib security, ( .010" thick). Also check
the glue joint around the perimeter of the board, not forgetting the belly
rail from inside the action cavity.
  I have found a few buzzes, by pressing down on the board, (with a blunt
screw driver) along the belly joint.  In the high treble the joint is only
about 3/8" deep at the belly rail.
Search for any items like paper clips, that may have been dropped under the
plate.These type of buzzes are often hair pullers.
Good luck and have fun.
Roger