ref S&S marketing techniques

Tom Servinsky tompiano@gate.net
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 15:55:00 -0400

  Terry,
  I dont know whats worst S&S and their marketing techniques or the people
who own these "precious" instruments,............ gee when asked to do some
work some  owners think you about to operate on their only child.
  But you cant blame S&S for trying..............

  >Ahhhh...marketing, the price we pay for a free market/capitalistic
society.  Just remember that many marketing techniques ( annoying and
tenacious as they tend to be), are generally proven through marketing
studies demonstrating buying trends of potential buyers. The better the
marketing the better the sales, the better the chances of survival. Like it
or not, volitility is ever-present in all businesses.
  Steinway, in my opinion, has been masterfull through all these years at
marketing their product.  They have effectively convinced generations that
their product,and only their product, should be the instrument of choice.
Argue if you will, but they have effectively drilled that message loud and
clear. And lastly, the last count I took of remaining US piano manufacturers
, the Steinway & Sons  Piano Company still continues to be tops of that
list.
  Tom Servinsky, RPT