Musical Soundwaves

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:06:54 -0400

Terry,
I suggest you look for a book by Benade (first name -- I'm guessing --
Arthur?). He was/is a physics prof at Case Western Reserve University in
Cleveland. Title is something like "The Acoustics of Musical
Instruments." He taught a course on the subject, and was a major
authority on the subject back in the 70's when I went to CWRU. Physics
courses at CWRU were *not* easy but he had a rep for being an excellent
instructor, and his course was popular with Cleveland Institute of Music
students, et al.
Patrick