Musical Soundwaves

JStan40@AOL.COM JStan40@AOL.COM
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 13:08:21 EDT

In a message dated 08/03/2002 7:46:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-pianotech-digest@ptg.org writes:

> Subject: Re: Musical Soundwaves
>
> Forgot to ask... just out of curiousity does Northwestern
> hold some kind of patent on the loudness switch then ?? Are
> they making tons of money on this invention  ? This was a
> government sponsered study was it not ?
>
> If I had a dollar for every one of those thingys
> installed...grin.
>
> Cheers !
>
> RicB

Ah, yes!  So true.  But no, the study was not done at Northwestern, that
particular person who had worked on it some years before happened to be on
the faculty at Northwestern at that time, that's all.  I THINK the study was
done at the U. of Chicago (probably govt funded).............but that's only
in my increasingly dim memory, so I wouldn't make book on it!  Also, he
didn't say who it was that suggested that they use musicians.............I
gathered it was someone who was part of the study, but obviously not wedded
to the original premise.

Back at ya!

Stan Ryberg
Barrington IL