Singing 3 YO Baldwin M Treble

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 03 Aug 2002 16:37:46 -0600

Hi Phil,
               The steam gets excellent and lasting results on the Renner
hammers, the top octave is often heavily juiced.  Best method for this,
that I have found, is an acetone flush to drive the hardener further down
the hammer.  Several applications is often needed.
In the field, I will soak the juiced hammers and needle whilst they are
still wet.
If you are dealing with an older Baldwin with Baldwin hammers, that is a
different story.  Many were juiced with key top type hardner's.  In this
case several acetone flushes are in order to build some tone into them.
Regards Roger

At 05:13 PM 8/3/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Mike Bratcher said:
>
> > I haven't had good success with steaming on Baldwin hammers.  Especially
>in
> > the top octave.  I have worked on mostly Baldwins for the past 9 years.
>
>..and me for 6 with decent results..different steams for different folks i
>guess..
>
>-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
>tito@philbondi.com

Roger