Singing 3 YO Baldwin M Treble

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 11:55:54 -0500

Hi Mike,
               This will work, I have done dozens of them.
Drench the hammers in acetone, until  it is running down the molding. Wait
about 15min for the acetone to really work, and make the hardener plastic.
  Flush and drench the hammers a few times.  Deep needle the shoulders,
between 10-11 o'clock, while the hammers are still wet, they will go in
with ease.
  I usually do 3 insertions with 3 needles for bass and tenor, 2 insertions
first treble, and 1 for the top. Wait an hour or so before playing, and
checking your work. Flush some more if needed.
  Wait a couple of days to do the fine voicing.  The hardener seems to take
a a few weeks to fully harden and stabilize. Depends a lot on humidity
conditions in your area. This is not a job you can rush, for a quality
lasting job.
  A good light hammer filing, and fitting will be also needed after the
drenching.

Regards Roger