Walters Pianos (of NY, not Charles)

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:59:44 -0500

These evolved from the old Janssen line which, as I understand it and =
having owned one concur, were NOT fine pianos. Conn (the trombone and =
strobe people) bought the company and ran it for a few years. Then Mr. =
Walters, who was a "muckity-muck" with Conn bought the line, upgraded =
the quality about a zillion percent and makes a very nice looking line =
of pianos. Never seen or played one, guess they are small in =
distribution like the Austin-Wight.

Notice the "muckracking" I did up there. Chuckle, snort. Or did we =
finally decide that "muckity-muck" isn't a pejorative term? Wait ... =
what does pejorative mean?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Greg Newell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:51 PM
  Subject: Re: Walters Pianos (of NY, not Charles)

  David,
          If you don't want it I'll take it sight unseen! I believe =
these are one of the best new pianos in the industry.

  Greg Newell

  At 11:29 AM 8/5/2002, you wrote:

    Anybody familiar with and have any comments on the overall quality =
of the design of the old Walters Piano Co. uprights?  Before I drive out =
to see one being given away, is there any potential in these? =20
    =20
    Thanks,
    =20
    David Love