stringing

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 10:04:30 -0400

In a message dated Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, HazenBannister@cs.com writes:

> David,
> It seems pulling that much wire every pin,would be a major hassle. I change muting technics when tuning every so often,it seems one way is better at a certain time than another,only
> to change again later,who knows.
> Good stringing,
> Hazen Bannister

Hazen, what do you mean exactly?  The end of the wire is right at hand either in a close pin hole or in the next agraffe.  After you coil and drive the pin the action of bending around the hitch pin and up to the next automatically pulls just the right amount of wire.  I use fruitcake cans with a hole cut in the center of the lid to pull the wire through, that way its just a simple matter of pulling the wire out to length and tucking it back in when finished.

David Koelzer
Vintage Pianos
DFW