Sorting New Tuning Pins

Gordon Holley gholley@hi-techhousing.com
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 10:08:24 -0500

Jerry Gravina and list.  Jerry, you say "sort new pins using a
micrometer and put the fat ones in the bass".  Are you saying that in
a box of new pins, say 4/0, that there are pins that are slightly
larger even though they are all supposed to be the same size.  I have
a box, unopened, of new 4/0 pins to be installed, first time for me,
and I hadn't read or heard that there may be "fat one".  Thanks for
the alert.  Regards, Gordon Holley, Goshen, Indiana